Halloween party ideas 2015

BANGALORE, APRIL 21, 2009: Wednesday Herald speaks to two different women...both wives of politician-candidates of Bangalore Central Consitituency.

Mrs Rothangpuii (Wife of HT Sangliana, Congress candidate)

Do you campaign for your husband and why?
I don't campaign for my husband. We are not a political family. I know others (wives) do. But I look after the guests who come to our home.

As a common citizen what do you expect from any of the candidates in this election?
They should solve our problems. Especially problem that are many in rulral areas-water, roads, infras
tructure, etc.

What sort of support do you offer your husband?
Well... I pray to God daily that he wins! By the time he comes home he is exhausted and we don't discuss anything! I just encourage him when he is a bit low...that's all.

Are our politicans doing enough for women and women's issue?
No! You see...our country needs many women candidates like Renuka Chaudhry who can really focus on women related issues.

Your message to the people.
People shoud know whom to vote. They should be the judge and select good candidate to represent them.

-----------------------------------------------------

Mrs.Shaila Mohan
(Wife of PC Mohan, BJP candidate)

Do you campaign for your husband and why?
I have started door-to-door campaigning and padayatras from last week. Since the constituency is very big, I though I should help my husband.

As a common citizen what do you expect from any of the candidates in this election?
Mainly solve drinking water problem plaguing the city. In my own house I face this problem. And wherever I go people highlight the same.

What sort of support do you offer your husband?
Well..Since, both of us are campaigning, we support each other in that way. We discuss the day's experiences at bed-time. Otherwise, I pray for his his success.

Are our politicans doing enough for women and women's issue?
Yes! but there are many issues on which they need to work on.

Your message to the people.
Please cast your vote without fail.

Source: Deccan Herald (Wednesday Herald section)

Post a Comment

Comments not related to the news or article may be deleted.

Powered by Blogger.